If you’re feeling a little blue as of late, it can’t hurt to make your life more colorful. You can always get new, vivid garb, but this week’s Top Ten will give your grey matter a few more ideas to ponder when you want to add a splash of color to your world. Once you’ve ‘red’ this Top Ten, you might feel the need to give a few of these recommendations a try. If you do, I guarantee you’ll never be ‘marooned’ on the island of boredom.
10. Read famous books with color in the title: The Scarlet Letter, A Clockwork Orange, The Color Purple.
9. Go see the Blue Man Group perform.
8. Apply to become the mascot of Syracuse University.
7. Make a music playlist themed around color: “Purple Haze” by Hendrix, “Tangled Up in Blue” by Dylan, “Black Sand” by Jenny Lewis, etc.
6. Paint the town red, either in the literal or figurative sense.
5. Have a color-themed movie marathon: Purple People Eater, Fried Green Tomatoes, The Gold Rush.
4. Dress up as Rainbow Brite for Halloween.
3. Eat a lot of Red Velvet Cake.
2. Take a trip to New England to see the Fall colors.
1. Do the “Blue Steel” pose at random moments throughout every day. It will make you really, really, ridiculously good looking.
How do you make your life more colorful?