(Image Above: www.litvinland.com)
You’ve probably got a few days’ vacation from work or school climbing up on the horizon. For some of us, this implies staying at home. For many others, however, it means a long trip. Though travel can be long, your trip doesn’t have to be ‘plane’ and boring. Just ‘bus-t’ out some of these silly ideas, and the only things that will be written in the ‘car-ds’ of your trip will be fun times and safe travels!
10. Car travel. Run a ‘fire drill’ at random intervals throughout the ride by pulling over and (carefully) running once around the car.
9. Plane travel. Make it your mission to get a pair of wings from the stewardess. Do they still make those?
8. Train travel. Re-enact a scene from Stranger on a Train, pretending to be Bruno Anthony. Oh wait, maybe that’s not a good idea.
7. Bus travel. Try to involve the entire bus in singing a rousing rendition of “The Wheels on the Bus.”
6. Ride sharing. Challenge your driver or passenger to a rigorous round of the alphabet game.
5. Teleporting. Well, considering this is supposedly instantaneous, I don’t think you’d have time to get bored.
4. Car travel. Stop at a restaurant in the middle of nowhere, and address everyone you interact with in Shakespearean. “I desireth ye chicken pot pie!”
3. Plane travel. Bring a pad of paper with which to make paper airplanes. Write messages on your paper planes, ranging from “Safe travels,” to “What is your favorite color?” and fly them at your fellow travelers.
2. Horse and Carriage Travel.I don’t know what would behoove you to take this form of transport, but you can spend the ride coming up with a good list of reasons why.
1. Train travel. Play hide and go seek with a friend in the compartments.
Will you be traveling this holiday season? How do you plan on keeping amused?