The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
1. Attend ModCloth’s Holiday Bash! On Jan. 9, we’ll be hosting a benefit at Brillobox. Although we can’t give you too many details yet, we can say that it’s going to be a lot of fun and raise money for a local charity!
Keep reading for more charitable tidbits!
2. Ask friends and family members to buy you something from the Heifer Project. We love the unique and creative spin the Heifer Project Gift Catalog puts on charitable giving. Where else can you give the Gift of Sheep?
3. Get a subscription to GOOD magazine. Natalie says, “This magazine highlights the technological, artistic, political and social progressions in our society.” All proceeds go to charity, but you get to choose to which charity your subscription fee (which is also negotiable) is donated.
5. Have a clothing swap with your friends and family, then donate half the goods to a local women’s shelter or Salvation Army. Not sure how to swap? Check out ClothingSwap.org.
6. Volunteer at an animal shelter.
7. Buy art from Tiny Showcase! Tinyshowcase.com is a wonderful place for art lovers who want to give back! Purchase a print that you like and you won’t only be supporting your favorite artist, but also a charity of his or her choosing.
8. Purchase a “One Laptop Per Child” Laptop! Buy one laptop for yourself (or as a a gift) and one is automatically sent to a school in a developing country. If the program’s website doesn’t give you enough reasons to participate, check out their Flickr photo stream, which shows kids from all over the world actually using the laptops!
9. Dedicate a Tree. Give the gift of green to someone you love and help reforest fire-ravaged areas!
10. Participate in a bundle-up project. Donate old outerwear to a local coat drive. Can’t find one? Start one of your own!
Okay, ModClothians with hearts of gold, how are YOU giving back this season?
My mom just told me about GoodSearch.com – it’s a Yahoo-powered search engine which allows you to name a favourite charity, organisation or school. For every search you do, the site donates money to said organisation. If you buy stuff through the retailers on GoodShop.com, they’ll donate a portion of the purchase as well.
So, while you’re doing your last-minute online shopping (or spending those gift cards), you can give back at the same time.
[…] 8. Volunteer or find another fun way to give back. […]
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.