Believe it or not, Fall 2009 has almost arrived – in the world of fashion, that is! With New York Fashion week only a few weeks away, designers are getting ready to march their autumn looks down the runway. For many of us, it is still very definitely winter, and we can hardly imagine what Spring will hold, let alone Summer or Fall. Luckily for us, Vasil is here to shed a little light onto our winter doldrums.
This past week, Vasil and I sat down to discuss what he thinks will be the hottest looks for 2009, based on what we saw on the runways during the Spring 2009 Fashion Weeks that were held this past September. (Need to refresh your memory? Check out Fashion Week Spring 2009: New York City and Spring 2009 Fashion Week: London, Milan, Paris!)
Designers such as Christian Dior, Bottega Veneta and Roberto Cavalli mixed nudes and muted greens and blues with splashes of yellow and orange. These color schemes, paired with sheer fabrics and short, fitted dresses defined their Ready-to-Wear collections. In fact, most designers seemed to reflect one of two extremes: very fitted, slim silhouettes or oversized, flowing shapes. The key to achieving both looks, however, is accessorizing with a key accent.
Here are some specific trends in colors, cut, accents and patterns that Vasil predicts will be all the rage in Late Winter, Spring and Summer of 2009:
All images courtesy of Style.com
- Earthy and muted tones, primarily beiges and nudes paired with bold color accents, particularly primary colors
- A cool palette of white, icy lavender and polar blues
Keep reading for more of Vasil’s fashion forecast!
- Square Cuts
- Oversized, loose-fitting silhouettes
- Tailored Blazers
- High-waisted pants and skirts
- Geometric and 3D shapes, a la Calvin Klein and Versace
- Belts, particularly in defining the female silhouette
- Color-matched jewelry
- Metallics and shimmer, including lame, sequins and glass beads
- Nature-inspired floral and animal prints, a la Alexander McQueen
- Exotic floral prints, a la Gucci
- Sheer fabrics
Got some style predictions of your own or any questions for Vasil? Leave a comment!
PS: Be sure to tune into the Golden Globes this Sunday Night at 8pm on NBC. And check back with us next Thursday for Vasil’s review of Golden Globe style!